I’ve always wanted to combine chickpeas and quinoa together in one dish. The thought of those two ingredients together make me nervous though because they are very “vegetarian.” I decided to take the plunge and go for it. I added chicken too to make everyone happy.
Turns out, this dish probably would taste best without the chicken. I had leftovers the next night and took out the chicken. It was flavorful and filling. Perfect!
What You Will Need:
1 lb chicken (optional)
1 C uncooked quinoa
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp ground oregano
2 chicken bouillons
1 T olive oil
2 bay leaves
What You Need to Do:
1) Bring quinoa, 2 cups water, 2 bay leaves and chicken bouillons to boil. Reduce and simmer. Cover and simmer until quinoa has absorbed liquid. (About 15-17 minutes)
2) Heat 1 T olive oil over medium-high heat.
3) Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
4) Cook chicken until no longer pink. Transfer to plate.
5) Add garbanzo beans, tomatoes, cooked quinoa and remaining seasoning to skillet.
6) Heat and remove bay leaves.
7) Add chicken to skillet to heat through.