My toddler is now at the stage where he thinks he runs the household. He can be really sweet one moment and be out-of-control naughty the next. I know I was given the role of parenthood so that I can help this little person turn into a good human being. But how do I get him there?
Children, especially small children, love to be loved. They love to be praised, they love to see and hear nice things, they love beauty, and most lovely things. So I make sure my little guy is reminded of nice, beautiful, lovely things, as much as possible so that it energizes his little heart to do good things.
I’m sure you would have many suggestions, which I would love to hear about, that reinforces kindheartedness in children. Today, however, I’d like to just talk about a special book that could be helpful for any child.
The Book That Influences Kindness
I received a copy of Maks & Mila On a Special Journey just a little over a week ago and I can honestly say, this is my son’s absolute favorite! In fact, I feel as though I know this book by heart already, because he just wants to read it over and over!
Before I point out the list of wonderful things I think my son loves about this book, I’d first like to just talk about the different things I love about it. Kids have such wild imaginations. I felt the author really pays close attention to so much about how children view books and put all those points into this lovely little masterpiece.
The story in a literal sense, is about a journey of a boy and a girl into something lovely. The hidden message, I believe is about our journey through life and the wonderful memories we can cherish into a SECRET SUITCASE that can remind us of beautiful things, in case we need it.
The characters carry along a SECRET SUITCASE to put all their special experiences in. Before they leave for their journey, they send special wishes to others to spread joy and happiness.
I wish everyone would feel as warm and fuzzy as I do after reading this book, because it could remind us all about the importance of spreading lovely wishes. Of course if we help our children understand the meaning of spreading these wishes, it might help influence kindheartedness in them, which could spread like wildfire elsewhere, depending on how enthusiastic they are about it.
Why Your Child Would Love Maks & Mila On a Special Journey
My son is almost 3 and talks up a storm. However, when it’s time to read Maks & Mila On a Special Journey, he seems to quietly sit, while I read through it. Why? My guess is any of the following reasons:
• The story has a lot of repetition. Children love repetition. It’s the best way for them to learn.
• The illustrations are fantastic! Each page is full of light and colors. Every image has a lot going on, without overwhelming their little minds.
• The images have features that are really exciting for children, because it is stuff they are familiar with. Children love to tell us what they know!
• There are shapes, colors, and things that are easy for children to recognize and add their own imaginary stories to! My son is always adding extra bits of story to every page.
• Last, but not least, the story has a wonderful story to it.
This really is a beautiful book. I highly recommend getting it. It is worth every penny, especially after my son now doesn’t go to bed without sending me special hugs and wishes!
Note to readers: I did receive a copy of this book by the author to be reviewed. However, the author has not influenced me in any way to provide any type of review other than my true and honest opinions.
Latest posts by Lexie Lane (see all)
- Blog Influencer of the Year … Who will it be? - October 31, 2014
- How Will You Celebrate National Unplug Night? Will You #UnplugwithCarrom? - September 30, 2014
- Why Sleeping Separately is Better for My Marriage - September 2, 2014