8 Best Apps List for New Moms
I was on bed rest the last week of my pregnancy and spent a lot of time looking at the average size of my baby on one of the handy dandy apps in 2010. After pregnancy I went on to look for apps that would help me track my baby’s development, help my baby develop and grow mentally, and even some great calming apps for both baby and me. There weren’t too many available at the time that I could truly boast about. Come 2015 and apps are a dime a dozen, but there are very specific ones my friends and I absolutely rave about.
New Moms’ Choice for 8 Best Apps
Check out the apps list moms love. These apps have the least amount of errors and hiccups and are great for the purpose they were truly made for … making parenting life easier.
Here’s the lineup:
- Baby Sprout: Records milestones and more!
- My Baby Today: A community of parents to answer pressing questions at your fingertips!
- Baby’s Brilliant: Great learning and educational app for your growing baby!
- 23snaps: Share galleries of media with just your family and friends
- Growth App: Share galleries of media with just your family and friends
- Cozi Family Organizer: Never get lost again! This app will keep you and your family organized!
- Totspot: Your little ones will grow much too fast! So sell their clothes and make a little to buy new ones!
- Care.com: Find a great sitter or nanny!
We have one word for this app: WOW!
Description: This definitely a MUST for new moms to have. I have to admit that I was bummed at the fact that I didn’t know about this sooner. I spent so much time uploading and recording because it has such amazing features.
It has trackers for:
- Diaper Changing
- Doctor visits
- Other medical info
You can even upload milestones and images and print them out on PDF so you can share it with your friends and family! It’s pretty special!
My Baby Today
We LOVE this app! Why?
Description: If you’re a first time mom, things are bound top pop up that you might suddenly question. Your baby might start biting, you might have questions about your baby’s development, or whatever.
This app will give you access to a world full of moms who have had similar experiences and can share their stories with you. You can ask questions and you would most likely get an answer. It won’t always be right away but it allows you to enter into online communities, where your questions are never silly.
My 4 year old still loves this! And we cannot rave enough about how great this app is for our little tots.
Description: When you’re a new mom, you tend to focus on that one kid you’ve got. Does he need to learn his ABC’s now? Is he entertained enough? What can I do to get him to sleep more soundly?
Baby’s Brilliant was created in efforts to simplify a parent’s life. Babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and most kids have used an electronic device for games or simply to give mom and dad that break they need for their own bit of sanity.
The Baby’s Brilliant app is brilliant because it:
- Has night light options for babies who need the push to get to bed
- Has foreign language options to start teaching your little ones another language (available in Chinese, Spanish, German, and more)
- Has a list of animated nursery rhymes we all have grown up to love
- Has audio books so that your baby can learn and enjoy reading, even when you’re not around
- Even has the hearing impaired options for those with difficulty in hearing
A great gallery app specifically for your family!
Description: Have you ever felt violated by Facebook simply because you don’t want some of your photos floating around for the world to find? Well, you MUST download 23snaps! We love it simply because I can post pictures and have them in timelines and organized in collections just for my family to view. I don’t have to worry about others outside of my family circle, actually viewing them.
When your bundle of joy arrives, you will want to make sure you record all their great milestones! This is a really perfect way to do it without feeling judged by others who may not care about each and every single baby picture you have.
Are you into recording your child’s growth? We are!
Description: My son was born premature. So since I found out about the Growth app, I have felt a little more at ease and hopeful, because it helps me understand where he is in the growth scale compared to the average child. He’s a bit small, but with the help of Pediasure, it seems his growth is improving quite well.
The Growth app helps me record my son’s height, weight, and the circumference of his head to see where his development lies. If you take a look at the images below, you can see examples of how to tell as to what percentile you’re child’s measurements fall.
Cozi Family Organizer
A little disorganized? Worry no more!
Description: This app has helped me get very organized. My husband used to ask me why I never jot down the things I need before I go to the store. This helps! I used to forget many family events. Not anymore!
When you become a new mom, you will most likely develop “mommy brain,” a condition most moms make as an excuse for forgetting things. Let’s face it … we get have too much on our plates sometimes and it can get very overwhelming!
We found this to be one of the best solutions to getting organized.
Great way to get rid of your baby’s clothes and make a little bit of money!
Description: Your baby will grow much faster than you would ever want! In fact, we recommend not buying so many pairs of shoes before they’re at least 3 years old! Your closets will fill up quickly and your money bag could shrink quite fast. So how about selling some of those clothes and perhaps getting some new clothes your little one(s) can wear for less than what you might pay elsewhere?
Available via: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Google Play
Need some time off? Worry not!
Description: You will at some point need to go somewhere your kid(s) may not be allowed. What do you do? Perhaps start by doing a little research and interviewing potential caregivers for any future situations that may pop up. You never know when that time will be! This app will give you a large list of selections based on your preferences and your location.
- 10 App Favorites According to Busy Moms
- 10 Fun and Educational Apps for School Age Children
- 6 Rules for Tweens, Teens and Technology
- How to Make Breastfeeding Easier For New Moms
- 12 Things New Moms May Not Know About Breastfeeding
- It IS Common for New Moms to Freak Out About Common Baby Issues
- To All the New Moms … It’s going to be alright!
- 6 Tips for Saving Money on the Latest Technology for Your High School Grad
Karlyn Bishop is the proud mommy to little Oliver and wife to hubby. She is a resident of Laguna Beach and a big player in the web's large social media circle.
Last update on 2018-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API